Seeking Chief Executive Officer
Available January 2022 due to retirement
Opportunity – To lead a collegial and dedicated staff in the Northeast Ohio counties of Wayne and Medina strengthening communities through collaborations and services promoting self-sufficiency, household stability and family and childhood education. https://www.cawm.org/
Organization – Since 1966, Community Action Wayne/Medina (CAW/M) has worked to help people help themselves. With an array of programs from early childhood education to home repair, CAW/M provides an environment of friendly customer service by . . .
- Educating with Head Start programs offering a two-generational approach
- Assisting eligible low-income households through various cost-savings programs
- Making homes safer, more energy-efficient and affordable
- Supporting services providing economic self-sufficiency and independence
- Addressing transportation, food insecurity, and employment
- Helping with relevant community partnerships that leverage resources
Role – The new CEO will inherit a collegial and dedicated staff of 140 FTE, an engaged Board of Directors, a respected reputation, and solid finances of the $11MM agency funded by public and private sources. Reporting to and partnering with the Board of 18, the CEO will administer, oversee, and be responsible for all agency programs, general day-to-day operations, budget and strategic planning, governance policy development, and other customary duties commensurate of the top executive. Appreciation and some experience in diversifying funding sources with philanthropic giving.
Expectations – The successful candidate will bring these and/or related attributes:
- Advanced degree in related fields
- Attentive listener
- Budgeting and planning competencies
- Comfortable as “face” & public speaking
- Compassionate, understanding, appreciation for those families & individuals served
- Dynamic can-do personality
- Effective communicator
- Eight years progressive and demonstrated leadership experience
- Emotional intelligence and temperament
- Inspired and creative leadership style
- Nonprofit management experience
- Proven collaborator and networker
- Relationship/team builder
- Social services orientation/experience
- Strengths in organizational management
- Top-level executive experience
- Understanding the value of philanthropic support to help diversity funding
Application – If you believe this profile is a match with your interests, abilities, and experiences please apply no later than 18 October 2021. Send your thoughtful cover letter tailored to this CAW/M Chief Executive Officer role – with resume – to firstname.lastname@example.org. If this is not for you, please consider sharing it with someone you believe might be interested. Thank you!
Community Action Wayne/Medina is an Equal Opportunity Employer
dedicated to diversity, equity, and inclusion. Confidentiality is assured all parties.