Seeking Development Coordinator
For 113 years, the Legal Aid Society has made a difference in our community by providing free civil legal assistance to low-income individuals and families to help them achieve economic security and family stability.
We are accepting applications for a full-time Development Coordinator in our Development and Communication department. This is an opportunity to be a key contributor in a dynamic, fast-paced, goal-oriented unit to generate financial resources, raise visibility and awareness of Legal Aid, and communicate our mission with partner agencies, funders, donors, volunteers, and clients. Visit our website at www.lascinti.org for more information about Legal Aid.
- Responsible for DonorPerfect database and donor recognition system including data entry, queries, reports and drafting donor acknowledgement letters.
- Responsible for grant proposal and reporting submissions for private foundation, United Way and local government grants. This includes drafting of cover letters, assembling of proposal packets/reports and uploading online proposal submissions.
- Responsible for edits and uploads to the Legal Aid and Volunteer Lawyers Project websites.
- Assist in the completion of fundraising appeals, grants and communications materials (generating lists, drafting copy, creating graphics, proofreading, production, etc.)
- Assist in the creation of social media, newsletter, website, and email communications, including designing graphics, and taking photos at outreach events.
- Provide administrative support for the Director of Development & Communication and, as needed, for the Executive Director to support correspondence, grant proposals, and other project-related tasks.
- Provide administrative support for occasional development events outside of regular work schedule.
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited college or university
- Experience in a non-profit development and/or communications is preferred
- Proficient in database management; specific experience with DonorPerfect is a plus
- Familiarity with Access and Crystal Reports
- Expert on Microsoft Office products
- Proficient typing skills
- Proficient with WordPress or other content management systems as well as Constant Contact or other e-mail marketing tools
- Proficient with graphic design and photography; including use of Adobe products such as InDesign, Adobe Illustrator and Adobe Photoshop
- Strong time management and organizational skills as well as the ability to work independently, follow through effectively on projects, and maintain accuracy under pressure
Compensation and Benefits
This position is full-time Monday through Friday. Occasional evening event support is required. Legal Aid offers a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package.
Candidates must submit all of the listed items, as Word or pdf documents, attached to an email. Please note “LAS032 Development Coordinator” in subject line, and email to: email@example.com.
- Cover letter explaining the reasons for your interest,
- Current resume, and
- Contact information for three professional references.
Interviews will be arranged by Employer
The Legal Aid Society is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The Legal Aid Society offers reasonable accommodations in the hiring and employment process. If you need assistance, you may request an accommodation.