Seeking Development Assistant
Join us at the largest public museum in the world dedicated to signs! The American Sign Museum seeks a dynamic individual to join our staff as we expand our fundraising efforts.
The Development Assistant will work with the Campaign Manager in executing the fundraising goals of the Museum. This is a key role within the Museum and an excellent opportunity to apply traditional fundraising practices while introducing new tools to improve efficiencies and drive revenue. Additionally, the candidate will introduce best practices aimed at increasing database integrity. Specific responsibilities fall into three areas:
- Process all new and renewal memberships from on-line, admission sales, and mail-in channels.
- Manage data entry for the membership program.
- Provide high level of service to foster strong relationships with Museum constituents.
- Coordinate communication to support new, renewed, and lapsed membership programs.
- Communicate membership information in-person or via electronic, telephone, mail, and written means.
Gift Acknowledgement (25%)
- Produce donor acknowledgement letters for all fundraising campaigns and appeals.
- Manage all internal database processes for campaigns and appeals, including gift, pledge and pledge payment entries.
- Process credit card payments to pledges, including creating automatic payments.
Database Management (25%)
- Maintain all information systems, files, and data related to donors in the Museum’s databases, as well as hard copy files and spreadsheets.
- Update and maintain accurate member records and information in the Museum’s databases.
- Create queries, pull reports, and prepare lists in response to staff requests.
This position is part-time position, 20 hours weekly. Qualified candidates must be self-motivated, possess excellent communication skills, and demonstrate strong attention to detail. Excellent data entry skills and experience in database systems is preferred (e.g. Altru, RaisersEdge, DonorPerfect). Candidate should also possess strong initiative, problem-solving skills and sound judgment. This position summary is not to be considered an exhaustive description of the responsibilities which may be required.
Bachelor’s degree required.
Please submit a resume and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org
No calls, please. The American Sign Museum is an Equal Opportunity Employer.