Seeking Director of Clinical Services
Purpose of Job:
Oversees and directs HSDC’s Audiology, Speech and Occupational Therapy programs that constitute the Department of Clinical Services in accordance with policies developed by the Board and senior staff ensuring the creation, promotion and implementation of programs and services that meet the mission, goals and objectives of HSDC. Supervise clinical staff and office managers to provide clinical oversight and the implementation of clinical best practices and provides direct clinical service to patients.
Major Duties and Expectations:
- In conjunction with senior leadership team develops and implements the strategic direction, goals and objectives for the Clinical Services Department.
- In conjunction with senior leadership team develops annual budget (including fees for services and products). Monitors budget and productivity monthly and reviews with staff. Accounts for variances.
- In conjunction with senior leadership team, determines, plans for, obtains and expends resources necessary to successfully complete the objectives.
- In conjunction with senior leadership team develops performance measures of the department.
- Conducts market analyses and develops business plans for program growth and expansion.
- Reviews and analyzes operating policies, practices and procedures.
- Oversees all clinical activities to ensure that all legal, ethical, moral and safety considerations are followed as appropriate.
- Ensures all contract requirements are delivered as appropriate.
- Oversees development of and adherence to clinical best practices.
- Routinely reviews clinical policies and procedures and ensures they are reflective of best practices.
- Conducts scheduled chart audits to ensure compliance with clinical policies and procedures.
- Meets with Development personnel to propose, design and develop new programs, services, products, etc. that could be funded via new opportunities, particularly grants.
- Ensure that all activities of the department are marketed and publicized appropriately and effectively.
- Determines pricing and fee schedules, in conjunction with CEO, of products in order to maximize margin and minimize cost. Routinely review competitor pricing, MSRP, national averages, etc. Monitors cost of goods internally. Negotiates pricing with vendors.
- Ensures compliance with HIPAA, all accreditation standards and third party reimbursement requirements.
- Provides staff leadership to Board Committees and the board as directed.
- Develops and participates in fund-raising, educational and/or public relations’ programs and presentations for patients, families and community professionals regarding the mission and efforts of HSDC.
- Reviews and researches professional literature, journals, etc. and attends conferences and seminars in order to develop new ideas, processes, practices, etc. that would increase and enhance the departments practices.
- Work in conjunction with CEO and Finance Director to provide guidance on billing practices.
- Compile and maintain outcomes for clinical program performance.
- Maintain relationships with educational institutions and coordinate and place clinical practicum students.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Master’s or Doctoral Degree in Audiology from an ASHA (CAA) accredited program is required.
- ASHA CCC in Audiology required.
- Ohio license in Audiology (or be eligible and have applied) required.
- 5 or more years of clinical experience.
- 5 or more years of progressive supervisory experience including project management with budget responsibility is required.
- Ability to effectively make recommendations and communicate with all levels of staff, board, volunteers, community professionals.
- Excellent organizational, written and verbal communication skills required.
- Valid driver’s license and dependable transportation.
- Willing to work some evenings and weekends as needed.
Compensation negotiable based on experience
Health, Dental, Vision, LTD, Life, 401k, EAP, PTO, 10 holidays, EIB, Employee discounts, Professional Development
Resumes to: email@example.com