Donor Relations Manager
The focus of this role is to lead the DSAGC’s (www.dsagc.com) efforts to build a base of ongoing and faithful donors who have both the capacity and inclination to be a part of the DSAGC’s Celebrating Extraordinary Lives Club as well as to foster our DSAGC Legacy Society (donors who have informed us of their intention to make a planned gift towards the DSAGC). The person in this role needs to be a visionary leader with strong interpersonal and organizational skills. They will need to have the ability to not only connect with donors themselves, but to also build a team of people who can do the same.
CELC Annual Campaign Leadership:
- Oversee and partner with our Development Committee. This will entail recruiting the right members, empowering them with the right tools, and utilizing them to their fullest potential to be key partners in carrying out our strategy to effectively identify, cultivate, solicit and steward current and potential CELC donors.
- Write and develop the Annual Campaign Case Statement and any other collateral materials needed for our CELC donors.
- Conduct research on individual donor contacts to assist in the identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of current or potential CELC donors.
- Personally manage a portfolio of 35 – 50 current or potential CELC donors and also oversee the management and assignment of key cultivator contacts for an entire portfolio of 70 – 100 donors.
- Partner with the Executive Director in overall strategic direction of our development efforts. Utilize the ED as needed with any ways he can contribute to fostering positive donor relationships.
- Organize the annual Giving Thanks reception and any other small to medium-sized cultivation gatherings for current or potential CELC donors. This should include a strategy on how to utilize other DSAGC events as cultivation/stewardship tools when appropriate.
DSAGC Legacy Society – Planned Giving:
- Create and execute a marketing plan to keep planned giving options in front of our donors. This includes any direct mail pieces, mentions in other DSAGC materials or at any planned giving workshops.
- Be a champion of asking people to inform us of any intention they have in making a planned gift to the DSAGC and, therefore, becoming a part of our DSAGC Legacy Society.
- Respond to any inquiries from donors who are exploring planned giving options benefiting the DSAGC.
- Proven track record in fundraising with an emphasis on individual giving
- Strong interpersonal, communication, presentation and organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to lead others and teams
- Computer competency in Microsoft Office Suite products and experience in donor databases
- Four-year degree preferred
- Flexibility to work 25-35 hours per week, including occasional evenings and weekends
This position could be a part-time or full-time position (depending on the final candidate) with a varied and flexible schedule. To see a full job description, go to www.dsagc.com/DRMPosition.
If you are interested in the DSAGC’s Donor Relations Manager position, please email a cover letter stating why you think you would be a good fit for the position as well as why you are passionate about our mission. You can send your cover letter and resume to Amie Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org.