Seeking Chief Executive Officer
Available in January succeeding retiring President & CEO
Treatment center helping women, with their children, take on recovery
Anyone tackling mental health and addiction issues faces many obstacles, especially mothers with children. Forward thinking women in the early 90s recognized those additional gender challenges and founded First Step Home. Women were encouraged to bring their young children with them into a homelike setting for residential counseling and recovery. Today, with 12 buildings in Walnut Hills (67 housing beds, 18 residential beds, and 23 apartment units), its core services are residential treatment, intensive outpatient treatment, and outpatient treatment for women. Available to single and pregnant women and women with children needing these specialty services include the Maternal Addiction Program, the Terry Schoenling Home for Mothers and Infants, the Child Resiliency Program, and the Family Unity Center. www.firststephome.org
The next leader
Building on the framework refined over three decades, the next CEO will be in an enviable position to immediately make an impact. Required executive leadership and financial experience will be essential to lead the $6MM agency with a current staff of 47 and governed by a 14-member Board of Trustees. Knowledge of mental health and addiction issues essential for internal responsibilities. Experience working with local and state funders, partners, and related organizations important. In today’s competitive environment, a collaborative and entrepreneurial spirit will be most helpful.
· Academic degree(s) in related fields
· Accomplished networker
· Advocacy with elected officials
· Commitment to diversity
· Common sense street smarts
· Communicate as a leader
· Creative and visionary leader
· Effective team builder, sustainer
· Empathy for women and children
· Extraordinarily strong people-skills
· Finesse handling conflict
· Humility with a sense of humor
· Nonprofit leadership experience
· Organized, efficient leader
· Out of the box macro thinker
· Record of measurable achievements
First Step Home offers a competitive benefits package including, but not limited to, Anthem Health, Dental, Vision Insurance, 401(k) plan, employer paid short & long-term disability and life insurance, PTO 8/80, professional development budget, and Employee’s Assistance Program. Commensurate with experience, the starting annual salary range is $130K to $165K.
Applications and nominations
Please email descriptive resume with personalized letter specific to how your career experiences have prepared you to lead First Step Home. Reviewed and acknowledged within 48 hours upon receipt, the deadline is 5 p.m. ET, Friday, 9 December 2022. All applications will be treated in strict confidence. Send to email@example.com.
Continue for full position description.
President / CEO
Responsible to Board of Trustees
Leads and Supervises Management Team
Director of Clinical Services, Director of Development and Communications, Director of Finance, Director of Human Resources and Director of Regulatory Compliance, Manager of Outreach and Client Recruitment
Guided by the Board-approved strategic plan, the President / CEO is responsible and accountable for leading all aspects of First Step Home.
· Leads and collaborates with the Direct Reports (listed above) to oversee the management of First Step Home and direct the organization towards its goals.
· Promotes open communications and cooperation among Management Team and staff.
· Ensures accountability and teamwork throughout the organization.
· Oversees employment decisions at the Director level.
· Manages the agency’s safety efforts to ensure facilities and equipment are safe and all staff follow established safe work practices and procedures.
· Reports to the Board of Trustees and supports the Board’s functions (Executive, Finance, Program and Development).
· Assists Board Chair in preparing for efficient and appropriate Board level discussions providing a broad overview of agency updates.
· Serves as liaison between First Step Home and its Advisory Board.
· Facilitates the Board’s . . .
- Executive Committee on developing and recommending to the board specific plans relative to personnel needs and, in the formulation, and revision of policies/procedures and ensuring their implementation.
- Finance Committee in preparation of and monitoring annual budget and overseeing financial matters.
- Development Committee in fundraising, public relations, and advocacy for persons with substance use disorders, client relations and other activities as appropriate.
· Ensures engagement of the Board in evaluation of agency services and Quality Assurance activities and results.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Guides, supports, and encourages Management Team and staff to work as a team to ensure the best delivery of services.
· As the face and voice of First Step Home, maintains a cooperative relationship with other local and state agencies and professional organizations promoting First Step Home as a leader in collaboration of services.
· Represents First Step Home in local, regional, and state organizations and activities aligned with the agency’s core values and mission. .
· Analyzes and reports to Board, funders and regulators of the organization’s programming and financial health.
· Identifies and collaborates with Board and staff in securing new and diverse funding sources, collaborations, and partnership.
· Negotiates and signs agency contracts in accordance with Board policies and procedures.
· Pledges to attain annual goals as mutually determined with the Board in performance evaluations.
· Promotes and abides by the standards set forth in First Step Home’s Compliance Plan and Code of Conduct.
· Pursues training necessary for enhancing skills and acquiring and maintaining appropriate credentials.
· Complies with all agency policies, procedures, and directives of the Board of Trustees of First Step Home.
· Responsibly follows all safety rules and safe health practices of First Step Home.
· Remains on-call for any agency emergency.
· Performs other appropriate duties as assigned or approved by the Board Chair.