Director of Development
SUPERVISED BY: President/CEO
Supervises: Manager of Communications and Marketing
SUMMARY: The Director of Development is responsible for planning, organizing, and directing all of First Step Home’s fundraising including the major gifts program, annual fund campaign, planned giving program, special events and capital campaigns. The Director works closely with the President/CEO on Board development. The Director works closely with the Board of Trustees in all development and fundraising work.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work closely with the President/CEO and Board of Trustees.
- Work with the President/CEO to determine the priorities of the organization, setting annual monetary goals and budgets according to short- and long- term goals.
- Establish fundraising objectives for the organization.
- Develop and grow a major gifts program including identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship.
- Build the planned giving program with a focus on deferred gifts that includes a recognition society.
- Direct the annual fund campaign that includes recognition and stewardship.
- Develop and implement a stewardship program to properly thank all donors for their generosity.
- Direct capital campaigns and other major fundraising drives.
- Meet with current and prospective donors on a continual basis to establish strong relationships.
- Conduct prospect research.
- Staff the Board Development Committee.
- Oversee and manage Donor Perfect, the fundraising database.
- Oversee creation of publications to support fund raising activities.
- Maintain gift recognition programs.
- Demonstrate professional conduct at all times.
- Work to attain the goals as written in job performance evaluation.
- Abide by the standards as set forth in First Step Home’s Compliance Plan and Code of Conduct.
- Responsible for following all safety rules and safe health practices of First Step Home, Inc.
- Responsible for following the Core Values of First Step Home, Inc.
- Pursue training necessary for enhancing skills
- Comply with all agency policies, procedures and directives of the President and the Board of Trustees of First Step Home, Inc.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Fundraising or related field.
- Master’s Degree preferred.
- Seven or more years of experience in fundraising/development for a non-profit agency.
- Knowledge of Donor Perfect or other fundraising software.
- Extensive knowledge of fundraising strategies and principles
- Excellent management and supervisory skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
To apply, please visit the First Step Home’s Career Page.