Development Assistant – Full-time
For 108 years, the Legal Aid Society has made a difference in our community by providing free civil legal assistance to low-income families and adults to help them achieve economic security and family stability. We have an immediate need for a full-time Development Assistant in our Development and Communications department. This is an opportunity to be a key contributor in a dynamic, fast-paced, goal-oriented unit which strives to generate financial resources, raise visibility and awareness of Legal Aid, and communicate our mission with partner agencies, funders, donors, volunteers, and clients.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversee Donor Perfect database, including inputting donor and gift information, producing queries, reports. Maintain accuracy of the database via frequent updates.
- Promptly and accurately manage and operate donor recognition system, including drafting donor acknowledgement letters, for all donors and funders.
- Provide administrative support to Director of Development and Communications by proficient and accurate word processing of correspondence and grants, and managing other project-related tasks.
- Assist in completing fundraising appeals, grants, and all communications materials (generating lists, drafting copy, proofreading, production, etc.).
- Track grant deadlines and follow up with those responsible for meeting them.
- Draft cover letters and assemble packets for proposals and reports.
- Coordinate online proposal submissions.
- Assist Database Administrator with content maintenance of Legal Aid Society public website and social media sites.
- Maintain archive of publications and news clippings, as well as other donor files.
- Provide support for occasional development events outside of regular work.
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited college or university.
- Experience in non-profit development environment is preferred; experience in a communications role is a plus.
- Proficiency in database management; experience with Donor Perfect is a plus.
- Expert with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Experience with Word Press or other content management system is a plus.
- Experience with Constant Contact or other e-mail marketing tools.
- Confidence and competence to communicate verbally and in writing with a variety of staff, clients, Board members, community leaders, court personnel, and representatives from charitable foundations.
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
- Able to work independently, follow through effectively on projects, and maintain accuracy under pressure.
- Must be bondable.
HOURS AND COMPENSATION
- Work hours are 8:45 AM-5:15 PM, Monday-Friday, with one hour for lunch (37.5 hours/week)
- Occasional event support is required.
- Salary is $40,000+, depending on experience.
- The Legal Aid Society offers an excellent benefits package.
HOW TO APPLY
We are currently evaluating candidates and will continue to accept applications until September 12, 2016, or until the position is filled.
Please email or fax all of the following items:
- A cover letter explaining the reasons for your interest in our position.
- A current resume.
- Contact information for (2) professional references.
Please no calls. Interviews will be arranged by Employer.
The Legal Aid Society is an Equal Opportunity Employer.